CSA Exec Column: Do you have an outstanding instructor?
Tuesday, January 25, 20110 Comments
The Central Student Association has opened nominations for the annual Teaching Excellence Awards!
This annual award is given to a maximum of two (2) instructors who demonstrate outstanding contributions to undergraduate learning in the following categories:
- Inspiring – incites interest and desire to learn and better one’s self, fosters a learning environment that is student‐centered, encourages questions and critical thinking.
- Mentoring – takes a personal interest in students’ wellbeing and success, provides personal/professional development opportunities, takes a holistic approach to educating.
- Innovation – in teaching style, course design, curriculum, and evaluation methods.
- Passion – for teaching, education, students, and their job as an educator.
- Effectiveness – instills knowledge, content and skills in a lasting and meaningful way.
- Approachability – welcoming and inviting towards students’ questions, concerns, etc.
- Accessibility – makes time available for students, accommodates their needs.
The nominations must come from undegraduate students. If you have an instructor you wish to have recognized, you can nominate them by filling out and submitting a nomination form. Forms can be picked up from the CSA Front Office or found online at csaonline.ca and the Student Life Awards page!
The deadline for nominations is Friday, February 10th at 4:00 p.m.
The winners will be informed in mid-March and presented with the award at the Student Life Awards Banquet, March 24th at 7pm.
Kevin Bowman is the CSA's Academic Affairs Commissioner.