Moving Out and Subletting

Friday, February 13, 2009

1 Comment

Written by Off Campus Living

You are responsible for paying the rent until your agreed upon original length of lease has been completed and a proper written notice is given to your landlord. If you decide you would like to move our early, two alternatives you can consider are:
  • Subletting: Subletting means you are renting your unit to someone else (a sub-tenant) for the same price or less than what you are paying. You will still be responsible to meet the terms and agreements stated on your original lease.
A sublet agreement can be located at http://www.studentlife.uoguelph.ca/ocl/Sublet.shtml
  • Assigning: Assigning your lease means that a new tenant takes over your tenancy agreement, and the rights and responsibilities outlined in your original lease will be transferred to the new tenant.
You need your landlord’s consent for subletting or assigning, and your landlord cannot arbitrarily turn down a sub-tenant or assignment.
For more information regarding off-campus living, please email or visit us on the third floor of UC.
| More


Back to Top
  1. Posted by: Sarah on Mar 15, 2009 @ 8:47pm

    To whom it concern,
    I have a legal one bedroom apartment near UOGuelph, separate entry, parking and internet can be negotiable. Availble on May1st, 2009. Asking $675/Month, If you are interested it please call 519-841-0506 or e-mail to: [email protected]
    Thank you!

Share your thoughts

Bookstore First Year