2nd Annual OOTS Knit-a-thon
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Because YOU demanded it…join us for a yet another fun-filled day of knitting and crafting!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Gather a team of four knitters and select a captain
2. Think of a clever team name. Something like “The Purl Gurls”, “The Needle Nerds” or even “The Wildcats.” Whatever you want it to be.
3. Pick up your “knit kits” at OOTS. These cleverly titled packages contain your pledge cards, some information about the day, and a vital guide for your team captain.
4. Raise at least $100. That’s the minimum, but it’s only $25 per person. And we will gladly issue charitable tax receipts for all money raised.
5. Grab your knitting and enjoy a wonderful day of wintery crafting (You could do a knitting relay for the five hours, with each team member knitting for one hour. Or everybody can knit for the whole time. Or anything in between. Whatever you like.)
Refreshments and some good ole’ fashioned baked treats will be provided :)
There will also be some fun workshops throughout the day, targeted to veteran and newbie knitters alike!
*No Yarn? No problem! OOTS will have a whole whack of extra yarn and needles to use at the event. We’ve got ya covered.
*New to Knitting? There’ll be a teaching workshop designed for just you! You’ll be a pro in no time! Really, what great way to learn!
*Don't Have A Team? Drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll help you out.
*Don't Enjoy Knitting? That’s okay too! This may be the ‘Knit-A-Thon’ but you can bring a craft project of your own, if you like. Bring your paper maché, your macramé, your origami – whatever. We don’t discriminate here. It’s all good!
*Prizes? Oh, there will be prizes. Great ones, too!
What is OOTS?
A not-for-profit, volunteer driven queer library and resource centre.
What does the money I raise do?
Money raised will go to keeping our doors open during the year (rent), providing programming for the Guelph and neighbouring communities (ie. games nights, +50 club, rainbow knitters, youth groups, etc.), and helping fund the expansion of our amazing library (new books, CDs, DVDs and magazines!). Check out http://www.outontheshelf.ca/index.html for more details
We raised over $3000 at last year’s Knit-A-Thon! That’s incredible! Come check it out! It’s going to be so much fun. You don’t even knowhttp://www.outontheshelf.ca/index.html
Out On The Shelf, 141 Woolwich Street Unit 106
Saturday, January 30, 10:00am - 4:00pm